Meet mimish: Functional Furniture for Smarter Living
Posted on March 16 2018
If there’s one thing that we can all agree on it’s that there’s no such thing as too much storage space.
You might live in a house with a hundred closets, but we guarantee that before long, every single inch of that storage space will be packed. The same goes for dressers, bookshelves, and built-in storage units.
The reality is that we always need more storage, and that’s especially true when space is limited.
What happens when you have no closets, and you don’t have room for a multi-drawer dresser? What happens when your kid’s toys are scattered across your entire living room floor? That’s when you need functional furniture, the idea behind mimish.
What Is Functional Furniture?
Okay, so what is functional furniture?
Doesn’t all furniture serve a function? Of course! But what if a chair wasn’t just a place to sit but a piece of multi-functional furniture that served not only as a comfortable seat but a storage unit?
Now, that’s something to get excited about.
When we talk about functional furniture, we’re talking about beautifully designed pieces of furniture that are more than meets the eye.
Is it a gorgeous throw pillow or a secret storage unit for your extra throw blankets?
When done well, functional storage furniture—like what we sell at mimish—hides all your stuff in plain sight!
Why Does Functional Furniture Exist?
Why wouldn’t it exist!?
We don’t live in a perfect world of endless space and storage. Too often, we find ourselves living in apartments and homes that are too small to fit all our needs. And while we can get on board with minimalism, the truth of the matter is that we’re not going to toss out our entire wardrobe just because our bedroom closet is nonexistent. Instead, we need an easy solution to keeping our clothes at hand but not spread all over the place. That’s where functional furniture for small spaces is essential.
Let’s take a look at a very specific example: a child’s bedroom.
Yes, that’s right, we’re tackling one of the messiest rooms in any home.
Kids have toys and lots of them, and there is never enough room in the closet or dresser to put everything away. And adding more shelves? That just takes up needless space.
So, what can you do?
As for that stack of books?
Instead of building yet another bookshelf, stack them inside our storage poof. Functional furniture allows you to keep everything you want within easy reach while also putting everything away.
5 Uses for Functional Furniture
Are you still not sure if functional furniture is right for you?
We’ve got five reasons you need to re-think your position for smarter living.
- Apartment Living: Do you live in a small apartment where space is at a premium? Functional storage for small apartments is an amazing idea. Stop worrying about what to do with your winter clothes or your extra sheets and blankets. No closet space? No problem. Add a large Storage Pouf to your living room floor, and you not only add yet another place to sit, but a place to hide anything you can imagine.
- Camping: You didn’t think functional furniture was just for your home did you? The Sleep N’ Pack is an all-in-one sleeping bag and backpack, perfect for sleepovers, camping, and more.
- Visitors: Is your home the perfect size for you but becomes small, cramped, and overwhelming when someone comes to stay? Functional furniture can help by hiding guest storage in plain sight. Next time your brother comes to stay on your couch, point him toward the beanbag and let him know that all his stuff should be hidden inside.
- Memorabilia: Do you have items that you just can’t throw away but you have no place to put them? You know what we’re talking about: your old yearbooks and that stuffed animal from your first girlfriend. Functional furniture means that you don’t have to decide between throwing it out and running out of room.
- Aesthetics: We all love the look of a clean, put-away home but when you don’t have enough storage, that dream can feel far away. Multi-functional furniture means a reality of clean, simple living is possible. It also means that next time mom comes to visit, you don’t have to hear about what a slob you are.
Discover what a difference functional furniture could make in your life and check out all the amazing pieces mimish has to offer.